The George’s Takeaway Service
From Sunday, 7th March, we will be starting our takeaway service. The George’s takeaway menu will be released on Facebook & our website each week, with changes every week. We will be serving takeaways on Thursday to Saturday between 5.00pm & 8.00pm, and Takeaway roasts on Sunday’s between 12.00pm & 5.00pm.
Pre-orders can be made via phone call or email at anytime, during our opening hours. You can alternatively order & collect on the same day. You collect your food and make payment at the front door.
- Thursday – 5pm to 8pm
- Friday- 5pm to 8pm
- Saturday – 5pm to 8pm
- Sunday – 12pm to 5pm
The Thursday – Saturday Menu from 15th April 2021.,.
- The Famous Half Cow Pie – £12.00 – Beef steak cooked low & slow, in shortcrust pasty served with proper chips, seasonal vegetables, & lashings of gravy.
- Chargrilled Chicken Breast in Garlic Mushrooms Sauce – £10.00 – Chicken breast char grilled topped with creamy garlic mushroom sauce, served with proper chips, and mixed vegetables. (G/F)
- The Ultimate Burger Half Pounder – £10.00 – Prime beef burgers topped with bacon & lashings of melted cheese in a bun served with proper chips, coleslaw & mixed salad.
- Vegetarian Burger – £10.00 – Plant-based burger topped with tomato & red onion, in a bun, served with proper chips, coleslaw & mixed salad. (V)
- Katsu Chicken – £12.00 – Chicken breast in a golden breadcrumb topped with a katsu curry sauce, served with rice.
- Whole tail Scampi – £10.00 – Whole tail scampi in breadcrumbs, served with proper chips, a mixed salad, & coleslaw.
- Homemade Beef Lasagne – £10.00 – Generous portion of beef lasagna served with proper chips, a mixed salad, & coleslaw.
- Homemade Mint Aero Cheesecake – £5.00 – served with fresh cream.
- Child’s Chicken Nuggets- £7.00 – Chicken nuggets served with proper chips & baked beans.
- Proper Chips- £3.00
- Extra Gravy – £1.00
- Mixed Salad & Coleslaw – £3.00
The Sunday Roast Menu for 18th April 2021…
- Roast Beef – £10.00 – served with roast potatoes, fresh seasonal vegetables, large homemade Yorkshire pudding, and lashings of gravy.
- Roast Turkey – £10.00 – served with stuffing, roast potatoes, fresh seasonal vegetables, large homemade Yorkshire pudding, and lashings of gravy.
- Roast Half Chicken – £10.00 – Roast half Chicken served with Roast Potatoes, homemade Yorkshire Pudding, mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables, & lashings of gravy.
- The George’s Famous Cow Pie – £12.00 – Half portion of The George’s famous Cow Pie. Succulent chunks of prime beef cooked low & slow until tender, in a short crust pastry, with proper chips, seasonal vegetables, & lashings of gravy.
- Child’s Roast – £7.00 – Child’s portion of Beef or Turkey, served with roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, homemade Yorkshire pudding, seasonal vegetables, & lashings of gravy.
- Homemade Mint Aero Cheesecake – £5.00 – served with a mixed berry compote.
Important Takeaway Information:
- It is Collection Only.
- We only accept cash & card payments.
- Please make payment when you arrive at The George, and the food will be brought out to you.
- Please use the front door Entrance.
- A mask must be worn at all times.
A Perfect Pint
The George Restaurant
Food at the George is best described as traditional with a modern twist; we use only the very best seasonal Cumbrian fresh local produce whenever available. To compliment the dishes on offer we have selected a range of wines from around the world to suit all tastes and budgets.
Accommodation at The George
The George Hotel will re-open...
We will be re-opening The George Hotel & Restaurant, on Monday, 17th May 2021.
We are taking Table & Accommodation reservations now. If you would like to make a reservation, please contact us by Email or Book online on the Tariff & Availability tab.
The George Hotel, Restaurant & Bar, Keswick
Situated in the Lake District in the centre of Keswick, The George is one of the oldest hotels in the Lake District and Keswick, built in 1665. The impression of the 350-year history of the Inn is indisputable, in the heavily beamed rooms it retains all of the character you would expect from this traditional Inn. The bar is the perfect place for a quiet drink of the local Jennings cask ales, alongside cozy fires, which glow through winter nights. The wine list is extensive, and we offer ten different wines by the glass. The George also provides excellent home-cooked local food and has twelve guest bedrooms for those planning a stay in this beautiful area.
The George Food
The George offers fantastic pub food, which is excellent value for money, with home cooked local food with a modern twist. We are passionate & proud to support local farmers & local food producers and use the very best fresh seasonal local produce wherever possible. We have a large restaurant available, or you can eat in the snug or bar areas from the extensive á la carte menu. The menu is varied and offers a wide selection to cover all tastes and budgets. We also have on offer the chef’s specials, offering even more choices of local food – click these links for SAMPLE menus; Lunch / Evening. We cater for guests who have specific dietary requirements. We also offer a broad selection of Gluten Free options on the menu.
Accommodation at The George
The George Hotels 12 guest bedrooms offer quality well-appointed accommodation for those guests seeking a relaxing and enjoyable break in the Lake District. You can rest assured of a pleasant stay, a quality meal, or just a quiet drink in this charming Lakeland Inn.
Click here for a sample Breakfast Menu.