Covid-19 Secure Communication – 08/09/2021
We are delighted you have chosen The George Hotel whilst visiting Keswick. Your health and safety is our top priority, and we want you to know that we have all worked hard to ensure everything is ready to welcome you for a safe and relaxing enjoyable stay with us. Detailed below for your information and comfort are a guide to help you plan your break.
- We request that should you be displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you do not enter the hotel & stay at home as per the
government guide lines.
- If you have booked directly with the hotel, we will be in contact via email at least 48 hours prior to arrival to confirm all details and
make all the necessary arrangements to ensure your stay is a relaxing enjoyable experience.
ARRIVAL AT THE HOTEL:
- We request that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you do not enter the hotel.
- If you have taken advantage of the Flexible Tariff Rate when making your reservation with us, we request full payment of the
account on arrival to allow you to use the express check out process.
Necessary hygiene precautions will be taken at Reception to ensure items and surfaces are disinfected.
- Hand sanitizers will be available on arrival at the hotel, we politely request you use these on arrival and throughout your stay
- Our reception teams will sanitize their hands and surfaces between each guest.
- All room keys will be sanitized.
- Please note we do not have any parking on site, parking is available in the town’s car parks using the pay & display option.
Some are short term parking which are more expensive. If required, we can advise on which of the car parks are long term and
represent better value for money.
In addition to our normal high standards of cleaning and hygiene we will deep clean and mechanically sanitize every guest bedroom
and bathroom after each stay and seal the room to confirm nobody has entered your hotel room prior to your arrival.
Our staff will be taking necessary precautions whilst cleaning rooms.
- Our Housekeeping team are provided with PPE to use whilst cleaning bedrooms. The staff will also have all windows and doors
open during cleaning of the room this process is to ensure proper ventilation.
- We will NOT be entering your room to clean during your stay, should you require any additional linen, towels or guest amenities
please ask at reception and we will leave this outside your bedroom door.
- Should you wish for your room to be serviced during your stay please let us know.
- All the hotel’s laundry are washed at a temperature above 60°C to achieve the standard of BN EN 14065 and HTM 01-04 ensuring
hygienically clean linen and towels.
- We require pre-orders for breakfast the menu will be presented in single use paper form.
- All food & beverage and kitchen team members are provided with relevant PPE and safety training.
- The restaurant is very busy and, combined with a reduced amount of tables to achieve social distancing, if you are planning to
dine with us during your stay, we strongly recommend you make a reservation in advance of your stay to guarantee a table.We will be implementing necessary measures in our restaurant to ensure good hygiene.
- We can offer specific table configurations depending on your household size to a maximum of six people, if you have a specific
request please contact us prior to arrival.
- Hand sanitizers will be provided at the entrance to the restaurant.
- Our cutlery and crockery are fully sanitized between use.
- Our restaurant is mechanically sanitized and thoroughly cleaned daily.
- When moving around the hotel we request that you please be considerate of social distancing.
- We have set up hand sanitizer stations throughout ‘high traffic’ areas of the hotel, we politely request that you use these.
Public Areas will regularly be cleaned and disinfected.
- We will be extensively cleaning all door handles, handrails and other high touch point areas throughout the day.
Necessary hygiene precautions will be taken at your Departure.
- Credit card machines will be sanitized between guests
- All room keys will be taken from you and sanitized after use.