Covid-19 Secure Communication
We are delighted you have chosen The George Hotel to stay when visiting Keswick. Your health and safety are our top priority and we want you to know that we have all worked hard to ensure everything is ready to welcome you for a relaxing enjoyable stay with us. Detailed below for your information and comfort are a guide to help you plan your break.
- We request that should you be displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you do not enter the hotel & stay at home as per the government guide lines.
- If you have booked directly with the hotel, we will be in contact via email at least 48 hours prior to arrival to confirm all details and make all the necessary arrangements to ensure your stay is a relaxing enjoyable experience.
ARRIVAL AT THE HOTEL:
- We request that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you do not enter the hotel.
- If you have taken advantage of the Flexible Tariff Rate when making your reservation with us, we request full payment of the account on arrival to allow you to use the express check out process to enable reduced contact with staff.
Necessary hygiene precautions will be taken at Reception to ensure items and surfaces are disinfected.
- Hand sanitisers will be available on arrival at the hotel, we politely request you use these on arrival and throughout your stay wherever possible.
- Our reception teams will sanitise their hands and surfaces between each guest.
- All room keys will be sanitised.
- Social distancing floor signs will be in place to ensure we are adhering to government guidelines.
We have been advised not to handle guest’s luggage or show you to your room on arrival. If you have any special requirements, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to arrival and we will make the necessary preparations with everyone’s safety in mind.
- We have limited free car parking at the rear of the hotel which consists of four parking spaces which can be used to drop off your baggage/cases.
- Free parking in the town’s car parks is no longer available through the hotel. Due to Allerdale council who manage the car parks in Keswick removing the option to purchase car parking permits due to financial constraints. These are the permits we purchased at a discounted rate for the use by our hotel guests.
- Parking is available in the town’s car parks using the pay & display option. Some are short term parking which are more expensive. If required, we can advise on which of the car parks are long term and represent better value for money.
In addition to our normal high standards of cleaning and hygiene we will deep clean and mechanically sanitise every guest bedroom and bathroom after each stay and seal the room in order to confirm nobody has entered your hotel room prior to your arrival.
Our staff will be taking necessary precautions whilst cleaning rooms.
- Our Housekeeping team are provided with PPE to use whilst cleaning bedrooms. The staff will also have all windows and doors open during cleaning of the room this process is to ensure proper ventilation.
- We will NOT be entering your room to clean during your stay, should you require any additional linen, towelling or guest amenities please ask at reception and we will leave this outside your bedroom door. Should you wish for your room to be serviced during your stay please contact us in prior to check in to advise.
Certain items will be removed or replaced from our rooms for hygiene purposes.
- All guest information and reading material will be removed from the room. If you need any information, please do not hesitate to speak to a team member.
- Tea trays will be equipped with coffee cups, teaspoons and individually packaged products.
All the hotel’s laundry are washed at a temperature above 60°C to achieve the standard of BN EN 14065 and HTM 01-04 ensuring hygienically clean linen and towels.
- We require pre-orders for breakfast the menu will be presented in single use paper form for you or you can pre-order.
- There will be no breakfast buffet
- All hotel guests will be allocated time slots for breakfast in our restaurant so that we can maintain social distancing rules. May we kindly request that these are adhered to.
- All food & beverage and kitchen team members will be provided with relevant PPE and safety training.
- The restaurant is very busy and combined with reduced the amount of tables to achieve social distancing in the restaurant and around the pub, so strongly recommend if you are planning to dine with us during your stay you make a table reservations in advance of your stay to guarantee a table reservation.
We will be implementing necessary measures in our restaurant to ensure good hygiene.
- We can offer specific table configurations depending on your household size to a maximum of six people, if you have a specific request please contact us prior to arrival.
- Hand sanitisers will be provided at the entrance to our breakfast room along with floor signage indicating the one-way system.
- All our usual condiments will be removed from the table and replaced with individually wrapped sachets.
- Our cutlery and crockery will be fully sanitised between use.
- Our breakfast room will be mechanically sanitised and thoroughly cleaned daily.
- When moving around the hotel we request that you please be considerate of the social distancing rule and adhere to the floor markings provided.
- We have set up hand sanitiser stations throughout ‘high traffic’ areas of the hotel, we politely request that you use these.
- All leaflets and brochures will be removed from the hotel- should you require any information please do not hesitate to speak with a member of the team who will be more than happy to help.
- All staff will be issued with the relevant PPE and will be trained on all updated safety procedures.
Public Areas will regularly be cleaned and disinfected.
- We will be extensively cleaning all door handles, handrails and other high touch point areas throughout the day.
- The express check out system will allow the hotel to email your final bill to you prior to leaving the hotel should you wish to limit contact with the reception on check out.
- You may request a final bill to be emailed to you by reception. If you booked via Booking.Com, you would need to provide us with an email address.
Necessary hygiene precautions will be taken at your Departure.
- Credit card machines will be sanitised between guests
- All room keys will be taken from you and sanitised after use.